Tuesday, December 25, 2012

What Christmas meant this year!


What Christmas meant to me this year is not the same as it meant last year or even 5 years ago. This was the last Christmas of my 30's. On February 24th, 2013 I will be 40 years old. A new decade! This is a huge turning point in my life and I've been doing A LOT of thinking and organizing of my life recently. Trying to figure out what I want and who I am and who I'm not.

This year's Christmas wasn't filled with meaningless gifts, bought only to add to the quantity of Christmas instead of the quality but instead I actually thought out each gift and gave from my heart. I even bought something for myself, it was small but it was the fact that I actually spent money on ME. I'm also making a coupon book for myself to be used throughout the year. The coupons will range from new clothes, health aides and various other items that I always deprive myself of.

There's a saying that you have to take care of yourself because no one else will. So my gift to myself is the approval to love me for me. This starts NOW and continues for the rest of my life.

May this be just another Christmas of many more to come and the prelude to the best year of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by blog. Feedback is an awesome way to let me know what you think of it. Do you have a suggestion of where I should visit soon? Do you have an interesting fact or site for a city that I've already visited?

Feedback is