Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Habit of Starting

I began! 
You might ask, began what? 
I began my future and my present. I acted instead of thinking. I made plans & commitments. They are small and fluid BUT I began.

I read The Habit of Starting of Starting from Leo Babauta and it got me going. I had already started pinpointing my resolutions and I did my morning stretches. I wrote in my journal and I told myself to cut out negative thinking when I felt a habitual mean thought enter my brain. I had already done all of this good to my spirit, to myself and I was so ready to discount my small strides because it didn't feel like enough. 

Then I ran across this passage that I printed back on September 11th, 2012. I believe that all things happen for a reason and I printed this so long ago for today. This is what I took from it: the key to forming habit is starting each day

It doesn't matter what I do as along as I do it and do it to my best that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by blog. Feedback is an awesome way to let me know what you think of it. Do you have a suggestion of where I should visit soon? Do you have an interesting fact or site for a city that I've already visited?

Feedback is